Thursday, August 25, 2005

Sell in Spain - buy in the UK

Scotsman.com Property - More set to buy second homes in UK: "

Thu 25 Aug 2005 MICHAEL BLACKLEY

THE second homes market in the UK is set to experience growth at unprecedented levels over the next decade as Britons choose to invest at home rather than abroad, according to a new report. It predicts the market in the UK will be worth £53 billion by 2015, with the number of people owning a second home in the UK soaring from 328,000 now to 405,000 - significantly above the 249,000 estimated to be owned by Brits overseas.

The research, by Direct Line and the Centre for Future Studies, found warmer summers will make the west coast of Scotland a more attractive area for a holiday home. Glasgow, meanwhile, could become a second home hotspot for those who want to buy property in the city to live in during the working week before retreating to their more rural main home at weekends and holidays. It also highlighted the Scottish Borders as another second home hotspot for investors, as the Borders rail link will make the area much more commuter-friendly and the average price of property is likely to increase as a result.

Andrew Lowe, head of home insurance at Direct Line, said: 'A strong economy, warming climate and a regenerated urban landscape are the key factors set to make Britain more attractive than ever as a second home location.' Part of the reason for the predicted growth in the second home market is that more people fall into typical profile of the second home owner - affluent 45-64 year olds.

Mark Hordern, of the Glasgow Solicitors Property Centre, said the west coast of Scotland has a lot to offer and will continue to be popular with the UK's second home owners."

Worth investigating. With a warmer climate in the UK popular second home locations are bound to be in higher demand. Find them and get in before eveyone's talking about it.

Chris

Link

8 Comments:

At 3:49 pm, Anonymous council right to buy said...

Hi Chris Bell, Don't you just luuuuurve the internet!! I was looking around for up to date information on let to buy and found your site. Sell in Spain - buy in the UK isn't exactly what I was searching for but I enjoyed reading your post and thought it only right to drop in a comment to say hello! Take care, keep up the good work.

 
At 4:46 pm, Anonymous adverse credit mortgages said...

Great post Chris Bell!, I have been looking to get the latest info on uk mortgage and found your site when I did a search on Google. Admittedly, Sell in Spain - buy in the UK wasn't exactly what I was looking for but it got my attention and I figured I'd drop a comment. I can see why I found your page when I was looking for uk mortgage related information and I'm glad I stopped by to say "Hi" even though this isn't a perfect match. Once again, Great post Chris Bell I'll bookmark your site for the future. Have a great day.

 
At 2:33 pm, Anonymous cheap mortgages said...

I've been trying to find out more about uk remortgage and came up on your site. Sell in Spain - buy in the UK isn't really what I was looking for directly but I liked your post and figured I'd drop a quick 'Hello'! Keep up the good work and I will continue my quest for knowledge.. Ahhhh don't you just luuuuuurve the internet!! :o)

 
At 5:34 pm, Anonymous council right to buy said...

Hi Chris Bell, Don't you just luuuuurve the internet!! I was looking around for up to date information on cheap mortgages and found your site. Sell in Spain - buy in the UK isn't exactly what I was searching for but I enjoyed reading your post and thought it only right to drop in a comment to say hello! Take care, keep up the good work.

 
At 5:49 pm, Anonymous uk remortgage said...

Hi Chris Bell, Don't you just luuuuurve the internet!! I was looking around for up to date information on commercial mortgages and found your site. Sell in Spain - buy in the UK isn't exactly what I was searching for but I enjoyed reading your post and thought it only right to drop in a comment to say hello! Take care, keep up the good work.

 
At 9:56 pm, Anonymous poor credit mortgages said...

Hey Chris Bell, I've been hunting around the net trying to find more up to date information on buy to let and chanced upon your site. Actually, Sell in Spain - buy in the UK is not exactly what I was looking for but I enjoyed reading your post and wanted to add my own comments. Keep up the good work my friend.

 
At 10:29 pm, Anonymous uk remortgage said...

Hi Chris Bell, Don't you just luuuuurve the internet!! I was looking around for up to date information on uk mortgage and found your site. Sell in Spain - buy in the UK isn't exactly what I was searching for but I enjoyed reading your post and thought it only right to drop in a comment to say hello! Take care, keep up the good work.

 
At 6:55 pm, Anonymous cheap mortgages said...

Hi Chris Bell, Don't you just luuuuurve the internet!! I was looking around for up to date information on uk mortgage and found your site. Sell in Spain - buy in the UK isn't exactly what I was searching for but I enjoyed reading your post and thought it only right to drop in a comment to say hello! Take care, keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home