Thursday, September 01, 2005

Yorkshire - best return for property investors

Why landlords love Yorkshire - in2perspective
1st Sep 2005

Despite the market slowdown, regions such as Yorkshire and the North West are continuing to outperform other parts of the country, according to the latest Paragon Mortgages Buy-to-Let Index.

Yorkshire has seen rental incomes rise over the month from £9,383 in June to reach £10,495 in July. Over 12 months, rents in Yorkshire have risen by 36.7%.
Landlord property values in the region have increased by 38.6% since July 2004 to reach £143,684. Despite a large increase in property values, Yorkshire remains one of the highest yielding regions in the country, at 7.3%.

The North West has also seen a strong buy-to-let market over the last year, notwithstanding a slight decline in rents this month. Rental incomes in the region have risen by almost 30% and property values by over 34% since July 2004. Yields in the North West, at just under 7%, remain above the national average of 6.7% and on a par with the South West and East Anglia.

At the same time Greater London, consistently one of the lower yielding regions, has seen yields rise slightly to 5.8% this month as both rental incomes and property values rose. "

The ripple effect in action... these are historic returns and the trick, of course, is to spot the next hotspot (or hot region) and invest before the big price rises. With relatively low house prices, a strong rental market for students and expanding employment opportunities Yorkshire came up trumps.

Chris

Link

12 Comments:

At 7:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like your site, I sure will bookmark it.
If you have a moment please visit my site:debt advice
joel

 
At 8:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog, I added it to my list and will check in often!

Best Wishes,
Ken
Google's Best Friend

 
At 8:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurricane Katrina Blogs
Hurricane Katrina Blogs As the devastating effects of one of the deadliest natural disasters in America rise, bloggers continue to come at the forefront of sharing first-hand experiences, news, and other ...
For a great selection of limited edition fine art prints, look no further. Stop by to view our gallery of limited edition fine art prints and take advantage of our fr.ee member rewards program.

 
At 9:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is great If you a health issue, I'm sure you'd be interested in homeopathic Stop the issue with homeopathic

 
At 2:03 pm, Anonymous commercial mortgages said...

Hey Chris Bell, I've been hunting around the net trying to find more up to date information on poor credit mortgages and chanced upon your site. Actually, Yorkshire - best return for property investors is not exactly what I was looking for but I enjoyed reading your post and wanted to add my own comments. Keep up the good work my friend.

 
At 2:34 pm, Anonymous uk remortgage said...

Hey Chris Bell, I've been hunting around the net trying to find more up to date information on buy to let and chanced upon your site. Actually, Yorkshire - best return for property investors is not exactly what I was looking for but I enjoyed reading your post and wanted to add my own comments. Keep up the good work my friend.

 
At 5:34 pm, Anonymous cheap mortgages said...

Great post Chris Bell!, I have been looking to get the latest info on uk remortgage and found your site when I did a search on Google. Admittedly, Yorkshire - best return for property investors wasn't exactly what I was looking for but it got my attention and I figured I'd drop a comment. I can see why I found your page when I was looking for uk remortgage related information and I'm glad I stopped by to say "Hi" even though this isn't a perfect match. Once again, Great post Chris Bell I'll bookmark your site for the future. Have a great day.

 
At 5:50 pm, Anonymous commercial mortgages said...

Great post Chris Bell!, I have been looking to get the latest info on buy to let and found your site when I did a search on Google. Admittedly, Yorkshire - best return for property investors wasn't exactly what I was looking for but it got my attention and I figured I'd drop a comment. I can see why I found your page when I was looking for buy to let related information and I'm glad I stopped by to say "Hi" even though this isn't a perfect match. Once again, Great post Chris Bell I'll bookmark your site for the future. Have a great day.

 
At 9:57 pm, Anonymous uk mortgage said...

I've been trying to find out more about poor credit mortgages and came up on your site. Yorkshire - best return for property investors isn't really what I was looking for directly but I liked your post and figured I'd drop a quick 'Hello'! Keep up the good work and I will continue my quest for knowledge.. Ahhhh don't you just luuuuuurve the internet!! :o)

 
At 10:25 pm, Anonymous uk remortgage said...

Hi Chris Bell, Don't you just luuuuurve the internet!! I was looking around for up to date information on commercial mortgages and found your site. Yorkshire - best return for property investors isn't exactly what I was searching for but I enjoyed reading your post and thought it only right to drop in a comment to say hello! Take care, keep up the good work.

 
At 6:56 pm, Anonymous buy to let said...

Hi Chris Bell, Don't you just luuuuurve the internet!! I was looking around for up to date information on adverse credit mortgages and found your site. Yorkshire - best return for property investors isn't exactly what I was searching for but I enjoyed reading your post and thought it only right to drop in a comment to say hello! Take care, keep up the good work.

 
At 6:56 pm, Anonymous uk mortgage said...

Hey Chris Bell, I've been hunting around the net trying to find more up to date information on uk remortgage and chanced upon your site. Actually, Yorkshire - best return for property investors is not exactly what I was looking for but I enjoyed reading your post and wanted to add my own comments. Keep up the good work my friend.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home